Over the weekend, we met our new nanny share family (yay!) and are so excited that E will get to stay with Rani at least until her second birthday. She’s going to be the “older” one in the share now – joined by baby C while his big sister goes to daycare. M&C just moved to Silver Spring and asked us some of our favorite places to go.
- Brookside Gardens, where we had E’s first birthday pictures taken, is beautiful and close by.
- Wheaton Regional Park is great for the miniature train and carousel – and we are really looking forward to the opening of the adventure playground (currently slated for September.)
- For less hot days, the National Zoo is always a hit.
- For the hot, hot summer days, the Playseum in Bethesda is a fun stop and the Silver Spring library is a favorite for the bookworm.
- For indoors entertainment in the summer or winter, the Westfield Wheaton mall also has a train ride.
- And, E recently had her first “theatre” experience at the Imagination Stage, also in Bethesda. (The show was age-appropriate and about 40 minutes long – E enjoyed parts of it, but it was perfect for our two-and-a-half year old neighbor – so we will be back when she is a little bit older.)
A favorite blog to keep up on All Things Kid in the Silver Spring area is A Parent in Silver Spring which has the mega-list “What to Do With Kids in Washington, D.C. — 100 Things.”